Process Engineering Manager for COMET in Denmark – Contribute to sustainable ingredient production
Do you have experience within food manufacturing, and would you like to help COMET create history by transforming the way ingredients are made? Then you should apply for this position.
The first in the world
In 2021, COMET partnered with Meliora Bio to build out and expand their existing plant in Kalundborg using COMET’S patented upcycling technology. The dedicated manufacturing facility is the first of its kind, converting agricultural residues into high-quality, sustainable ingredients.
It will supply over 4 million kilograms of COMET’s ARRABINA annually.
Meliora Bio will operate the facility, but COMET needs a local Process Engineering Manager to oversee COMET’s Arrabina production process in Kalundborg, Denmark.
You will be working with Meliora Bio as COMET’s Process Engineering manager to execute operations with excellence, and you will be reporting to COMETs senior management.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Startup and ramp up of operations
- Process optimization and debottlenecking
- Ensure that all local toll processors adhere to manufacturing standards (i.e. ISO 22000, FSSC 22000, SQF, BRC) as required
- Manage all final product analysis from outside laboratories for quality assurance
- Full documentation of all products/batches/lots for FDA compliance
- Work directly with COMET’s technical staff for engineering and maintenance support to Meliora Bio
These tasks are done in close collaboration with COMET’s Canadian Product and Regulatory Manager and the Danish Operations Manager.
On your agenda will also be:
- To establish operations KPIs with a total cost perspective with a lean manufacturing mindset
- Generate reporting system to provide internal stakeholders with actionable data regarding production and delivery status and inventory levels by product
- Work with COMET´s Canadian Product and Regulatory Manager to implement audit and compliance systems for FSMA, GM free, organic, and other certification schemes as necessary for customer acceptance including product recall plans
- Collaboratively work with internal partners to manage the operation, food safety and food quality expectations
- Liaise with COMET´s technical staff to monitor and approve engineering and software modifications and upgrades.
- 10-20% travel activity to contract toll manufacturers mostly within the EU.
- You most likely have a degree in Industrial Engineering, Chemical/Food Engineering, Operations or Supply Chain or relevant industry experience
- Extensive food ingredient manufacturing expertise
- Process engineering experience related to food purification processes
- Experience within facility/plant operations and expansions
- Management of contract manufacturing operations
- Collaborator – Excellent collaborator within teams
- Results Orientated – Demonstration of driving results whilst handling a team’s multiple, rapidly changing and conflicting priorities
- Attention to detail – Demonstrated excellence in quality, service and record keeping
- Manages Ambiguity – Strong ability to work independently and to make timely decisions in the face of ambiguity
- Resourcefulness – Demonstration of navigating an organization’s culture and networks to secure or deploy needed resources.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Ability to build and maintain both internal and external global networks
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
Become part of the COMET team
COMET is based in London, Ontario, and Schaumburg, Illinois.
At COMET, they are transforming the way ingredients are made by developing a technology to convert agricultural residues into high-quality, sustainable ingredients. They have assembled a world class team and developed an innovative process to upcycle crop leftovers into healthy and sustainable products.
They reclaim and purify lost nutrients making them readily available for use in supplements, food and beverages. With their patented technology, they can create products that are not only sustainable, but also unique. Their Arrabina™ Arabinoxylan Plant Fiber Extract has superior tolerability and functionality within the prebiotic market. It is clinically proven to promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut, help maintain healthy blood glucose levels, and support immunity.
Have we caught your attention?
If you are interested in becoming part of the COMET team, please do not hesitate to click “APPLY” and upload your resume and application as soon as possible.
Interviews are held continuously.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact Recruitment Consultant Birgitte Carlsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4144 0925.
Birgitte Carlsen at email@example.com or 4144 0925.